Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Early start

Well, since I have the summer off I decided I should begin my project early. It's going to be easy to shoot a lot over the summer. The real challenge will begin once Fall starts and I'm back to work and taking classes.

The first roll started off with a few random shots, followed by photos I took while visiting James in New Jersey. I've never been to Jersey before; well, I was in Newark airport once, but that really doesn't count. I added a few more states that I can say I have been in on the drive up: Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. For those thinking of driving up north on I-95, prepare to spend about $15 in tolls between Baltimore and Philadelphia. I'm OK with user fees and all, but this was going too far. And if you're going to charge user fees, you really should use them. There was little evidence that anyone is even remotely interested in making I-95 a pleasure to travel on.

I got to Phillipsburg, NJ around 9ish, and did not need to sit inside a house. So, we eventually ended up at one of the plethora of Duncan Donuts that seem to populate NJ/PA exceeded only by the apex of the British Empire. No Starbucks, though.

The remainder of the roll I finished off in Island Heights, NJ. Island Heights is nice, small beach town (actually it's not QUITE on the ocean). There's a nice little walk by the river with Victorian style homes. It appears that there is a sailing school for young children. If you're up early, you should get some coffee at the shop at the northern end of the "boardwark" and then stroll along said boardwalk watching the scenery and people. Lots of people run and there's various other things going on even during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment